Comic-Con International roars back into the San Diego Convention Center on July 18 – 21, 2019, with Preview Night July 17th.
Important: Attendee registration has changed this year.
Everyone who intends to purchase, apply, or register for a Comic-Con badge must sign-up for a Comic-Con Member ID. This includes attendees, volunteers, professionals, trade professionals, and members of the press. Anyone may register for a Member ID, they will not run out. You will only need to register for a Member ID once. Please note that duplicate e-mail addresses are not allowed, and only one Member ID per person. Emails will be sent out with information about when and how to buy tickets. Yes, we registered! Register here.
Everything Comic Con
If you just have to be part of the scene and cant wait until next year consider contacting Comic-Con vendors to see if you can work / volunteer in their booth or better yet just come to San Diego and hang out outside the convention center – the Gaslamp Quarter really heats up in the evenings! It is rumored that last year more than 50,000 visitors came to San Diego without tickets just to be at the epicenter of fun. And finally, even if you can't make the journey to San Diego to be a part of the largest pop culture convention on the West Coast, let Party Idea Pros help bring the festivities to you — Host your own Comic-Con Party!
Transportation and Hotel Accommodations
There is still plenty of time to book airfare and hotel rooms at great rates.
This Year's Comic Con Special Guests
Plan for your Comic Con Experience
Survival Guide – what to bring
- Digital Camera (fully charged or with an spare set of batteries)
- Retractable Sharpie (so you don't need to fiddle with the tops)
- Comic books or magazines you would like signed
- A light snack and a bottle of water (this will allow you to avoid the over priced, mediocre food sold at the convention center)
- Your credit card and cash –just in case the credit card machines are down or you happen upon a vendor who only accepts cash
- Wear comfortable walking shoes (preferably flat and with good support. Slightly large is good –your feet will have room to swell. Consider bringing a second pair of shoes that fit slightly differently. The change will feel good. And just in case, throw in a pack of blister bandages
- Pre-printed Address Labels — Why? To avoid having to fill out all the forms for newsletters, mailing lists, raffles, and contests. Yes — this is a brilliant idea! Prices vary depending on current promotions but we highly recommend checking out Zazzle, My Own Labels, and even Checks Unlimited.
- Patience – remember many of the workers are volunteers who are trying their best but just might not have the information you are seeking. Chances are all your Comic Con dreams are not going to come true. If you live in the moment and adjust your expectations accordingly, you will vastly improve your overall conic con experience
Comic Con Parties and Celebrations
Since the scope of comic con is so vast, we were not sure where to begin. So rather than trying to stuff every comic book, sci-fi adventure, and every other pop cultural phenom into one post we are breaking Comic-Con into manageable bits.
Party Idea Pros Party Packages
Whether you're a Buffy the Vampire Slayer completist searching for the latest Buffy and Angel action figures or a casual shopper looking for Batman comic books, graphic novels, and apparel, you can find what you're looking for by theme at TFAW.com . Many of their most popular product lines, including collectibles and toys, can be found in their comprehensive, easy-to-use index. So what's keeping you?
Esties' Make-up Tutorial: Comic-con Goblin Witch Cosplay
Comic Con Costumes
What is Comic Con without costumes?
Comic Con Party Supplies
New! We <3 these Ginger Ray Pop Art Party Supply DesignThe Avengers Invitationss!
(Always drink responsibly. Never drink and drive. And please, do not serve alcohol to anyone under the legal drinking age!)
10 Superhero Party Drinks by Stephen Schleicher
The Incredible Hulk
* 2 oz Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum
* 1tbsp Sugar
* 2 L bottle of Mountain Dew
Add the Captain Morgan to a glass with sugar, then add Mountain Dew until the mix turns green
Iron Man Cocktail
* 3 oz Seagram 7
* 3 oz Vodka
* Soda Water
Mix the Seagram 7 and vodka add ice cubes, then fill with soda water, and stir gently.
Hammer of Thor
* 4 oz Aristocrat Vodka
* 5 oz Cranberry Juice
* 3 oz Milwaukee’s Best Ice Lager
Stir in a highball glass, and swing away. Give about ten of these to your worst enemy and watch the hi-lar-ity ensue.
* 2 oz White Rum
* 4 oz chilled Mountain Dew Code Red
* 4 oz chilled Red Bull energy drink
Stir and serve.
* 6 oz Orange Juice
* 1/2 tsp Grenadine
* 1 Orange slice
Pour juice and grenadine into Collins glass that is filled with ice cubes. Stir well, and garnish with orange slice.
* 2 oz Midori Melon Liquer
* 2 oz Peach Schnapps
* 3 oz Orange Juice
* 1 oz Pineapple Juice
* 2 oz Cranberry Juice
Layer ingredients in order in a hurricane glass, and serve unstirred for a pretty looking drink, just like the Amazon princess.
* 1 oz Gin
* 3/4 oz Dry Vermouth
* 1/2 oz Apricot Brandy
* 1 oz Mandarin Juice
* 1 tsp Grenadine Syrup
Mix ingredients and shake with a glassful of ice and pour into an old fashioned glass – because, you know, Superman is so old fashioned
* 1/3 part Midori Melon Liqueur
* 1/3 part fresh Orange Juice
* 1/3 part 7-Up
Mix ingredients in order, shake once, and pour into a hurricane glass.
* 1 oz Vodka
* 1/2 oz White Creme de Cacao
* 1 oz Cranberry Juice
Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into cocktail glass.
Arm Fall Off Boy
* One can of Busch Light (or Natural Light)
Open can and drink.
(Seems the worst character of all time, deserves the worst beer of all time. Zing!)
Keep checking back for updates!