Gallop to Ponyville and celebrate your child's birthday with the My Little Ponies! Young children everywhere love the magical My Little Pony series. Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and so many more – how could you not love these enchanted little horses? We will walk you through every step of your pony party theme providing professional recommendation on just about every detail including invitations, party decorations, party favors, party food ideas, parties games and activities and lots and lots of little extras.
My Little Pony Party Essentials
Our Approach to Parties
Party Idea Pros has an “old fashion” approach to kids’ parties. We say keep them small, keep them short, and keep them simple. We love hula hoops, beach balls, crayons, washable markers, glue sticks, and musical instruments. Generally, the number of guest should equal the age of the birthday child, but don’t obsess if you are a few over or under — it is not worth the hurt feelings for an extra child or even two. Never, ever deliver invitations at school, unless every single child is invited!!!!! Skip the jumpies and the pony rides.
For a great children's birthday party there are only a few essentials:
- A great invitation
- Playful party supplies
- Simple yet festive party decor
- Yummy and healthy party food
- Four party activities
My Little Pony Party Invitations
Even before the party begins invitations create a sense of anticipation. Think of all the time your own child spends looking at those invitations on your refrigerator. Most of the featured invitations are digital file printable invitations but the custom shaped invitations will be delivered to your door.
Or get creative when inviting the ponies to the stable with some of these My Little Pony invitation ideas.
- Include a Color Your Own Pony activity in each envelope.
- Attach the party information to the tail of a small My Little Pony doll and hand-deliver the invites.
- Ask your guests to dress for “Rainbow Dash's Fashion Relay” and include a neon hair attachment in the invitation
- Use a fun rhyme when writing you’re my Little Pony invitations such as:
- Gallop to Ponyville as fast as you can
- Abigail’s having a party with all of her friends.
- The My Little Ponies are setting the table
- So put on your best and head to the stable!
Playful Birthday Party Supplies
Birthday Party Decorating Ideas
Even if you do very little decorating, you will definitely need darling My Little Pony paper goods. You can do off the shelf paper goods or customize them
Or a simple party themed Balloon Bouquet surrounded by a few pony toys is really all you need. And then rather than buying a bunch of junk to give as party favors, send each child home with a toy pony.
- Decorate the party area with rainbows, clouds, hearts, butterflies, flowers and other colorful pictures.
- Use rainbow and white streamers and balloons to add instant color to the tables, chairs and walls. Tie balloons around the waists of My Little Pony figures.
- Use white craft paper as a table cover. Place crayons on the table to encourage the children to color on the paper.
- Set a sticker book at each place setting with stickers for each guest. Give each child different stickers so they can trade with each other.
- Place silk or inflatable flowers around the room.
- Place disposable cameras on the party table so guests can take pictures of the event and their friends. Mail each child a photo along with your thank you cards.
My Little Pony Party Food
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers, or hotdogs, you can add some My Little Pony rainbow themed food into the mix. Remember to think about color when arranging your platters. Here are some suggestions.
- Serve breakfast food instead of lunch or dinner food. Have a cereal bar set up and label it “oats,” label shredded hash browns “hay” and provide a rainbow assortment of fruit juices. You can even add 1 drop of food coloring to a glass of milk to change the color.
- Bake sugar cookies and use cookie cutters to cut them into the shapes of hearts, stars, horseshoes and, of course, ponies.
- Make a rainbow punch by filling each child’s cup with lemon lime soda. Then, place a scoop of rainbow sherbet in each cup.
- Decorate iced cupcakes with Lucky Charms marshmallows and rainbow sprinkles.
- Arrange veggie and fruit trays by color to form a rainbow platter.
- Other colorful snacks include rainbow goldfish, My Little Pony fruit snacks and personalized M&Ms sorted by color in separate bowls.
For the cake, you can ask your local grocery store if they have a My Little Pony themed cake or bake a Rainbow Sherbet Cake with this easy recipe. Then, frost a big rainbow across the cake using different colored icing and decorate with a My Little Pony cake decorating kit.
My Little Pony Party Games and Activities
- Start. with a “doing” activity such as a home scavenger hunt where the party guests search the house for Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, Spike the Dragon, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Princess Cadance figures. (use the same toys you are are using as your table centerpiece)
- Next offer a craft activity such as coloring a coloring page
Free Personalized Coloring Pages
Just choose a page. Enter your child’s name and print — how simple is that and it's FREE!!
- Follow-up with a game activity like Pin the Tail or Bingo .
- And finally, end your party with a chance to break the Piñata. As the kids get older, the same activities work just make them more complex, and add a competitive/team component.
In need of a little quiet time? Watch an episode of the classic television series or movie.